7.18.2010

The Wall

After coming home to Birmingham to work at Brasfield & Gorrie for the summer, I unknowingly started blazing a trail of my own. Instead of refocusing on the Lord by soaking up the Word and spending time in prayer, I went to sleep because I came home exhausted everyday not wanting to do anything but sleep. I missed signs telling me to turn back on the path that I had been walking on as well as I could just months ago.

It started to hit me like a ton of bricks - I am going to be graduating in less than a year and will be having to support myself. Among other things, I started to really stress out about everything - and tried to push it away but couldn't. I became extremely pessimistic about the situation and am currently quite unstable with where I am.

Then one of my good friends from Minnesota called me and I know God moved him to call me because it was perfect timing. The main two things I gathered from the conversation was to "be still and know the I am God" (trust in the Lord instead of figuring it all out alone) and take time to spend with the Lord. This struggle I'm going through is impossible to carry on my own and I just need to turn to the only One who can lift me up.

Prayers are needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment